Under Armour designs products to make athletes better and continually push through their limits. The same approach is taken to footwear design. Never settling with a “perfect” product, the UA HOVR™ Sonic 2 takes an ideal shoe – the original UA HOVR Sonic – and makes it better with improvements to what’s become a go-to shoe for the everyday runner.
The UA HOVR Sonic 2 combines cushion and energy return with flexibility - created for the runner who wants something easy to throw on with no distractions, the UA HOVR Sonic 2 offers a smooth transition and the perfect blend of cushioning and responsiveness.
Updates made to the UA HOVR Sonic 2 include enhancing the cushioning of the tongue to provide more lockdown over the top of the foot. Additionally, while the shoe remains lightweight and breathable, a thin lining to the upper was added to give athletes more protection against the colder, windy days.
DYNAMIC ENERGY WEB
Consistent with the original UA HOVR Sonic, version 2 includes the benefits of UA HOVR at the heel encased in a dynamic energy web, ensuring comfortable landings. An external heel counter also locks in the heel and guides the foot into its most efficient foot strike, and a beamed outsole made of high-grade rubber provides optimal flexibility and traction.
DIGITALLY CONNECTED TO MAPMYRUN
The UA HOVR Sonic 2 has an embedded sensor in the midsole of the right-footed shoe that digitally connects seamlessly to the MapMyRun™ app via Bluetooth™ Low Energy (BLE). The digitally connected shoes can track, analyze, and store detailed running metrics to inform ways to improve performance. New in 2019 is the Gait Coaching feature, which can tell the runner fine-grain details about their stride and provide a holistic view with historical data to predict pace and plan for future runs. In addition to the personalized coaching, runners become a part of the world’s largest digital health and fitness community of 245+ million people – all united by a mission to become better.
UA HOVR SONIC 2 AT A GLANCE
- The UA HOVR Sonic 2 takes the best of two worlds with the UA HOVR footwear suite – it combines the perfect blend of cushioning and flexibility for a very nimble and smooth ride.
- The UA HOVR Sonic 2 features updates from the original HOVR Sonic, including an enhanced cushioning of the tongue for a more lockdown over the top of the foot. While the breathability is still outstanding, a thin lining to the upper gives athletes a bit more protection against cold, windy days.
- The UA HOVR Sonic 2 is a connected shoe – a pod embedded in the midsole of the right shoe connects via bluetooth to MapMyRun, allowing runners to track their run data without a device, receive virtual personalized coaching on the runner’s gait, stride length, pace and more. All these metrics help to guide the runner to make their runs more efficient and connect them to a community of 245+ million people around the world.
- 24 MM Heel / 16 MM Forefoot (8 MM offset)
- Men’s Weight (Size 9): 9.5 oz (269 grams)
- Women’s Weight (Size 7): 8.3 oz (235 grams)
- MSRP: $100 USD
- Availability: Globally, February 1, 2019