The UA HOVR™ Velociti 2 is a tempo trainer for the runner with a need for speed. The newest model is an evolution from UA Velociti, which originally featured Charged Cushioning. The UA HOVR Velociti 2 incorporates a thinner layer of HOVR cushioning, providing maximum energy return, while Micro G foam frames the dynamic mesh under the HOVR foam, delivering a light and snappy ride. The HOVR cushioning also resides in the forefoot, to get the runner farther up on the foot for a faster gait.
The shoes were meant to go fast, and the design reflects that as well. An engineered mesh upper is lightweight and breathable with stretch and structure where needed, and features a monolithic upper construction with ribbed mesh that allows for extra airflow and improved fit. The UA HOVR Velociti 2 also includes a removable 3D-molded sockliner that is gender-specific and cradles the foot with step-in comfort.
The UA HOVR Velociti 2 has an embedded sensor in the midsole of the right-footed shoe that digitally connects seamlessly to the MapMyRun™ app via Bluetooth™ Low Energy (BLE). The digitally connected shoes can track, analyze, and store detailed running metrics to inform ways to improve performance. New in 2019 is the Gait Coaching feature, which can tell the runner fine-grain details about their stride and provide a holistic view with historical data to predict pace and plan for future runs. In addition to the personalized coaching, runners become a part of the world’s largest digital health and fitness community of 245+ million people – all united by a mission to become better.
UA HOVR VELOCITI 2
- The UA HOVR Velociti 2 is a tempo trainer, providing the runner a smooth, light and snappy ride.
- The Velociti 2 is an evolution from the original Velociti model and has been updated with the HOVR cushioning platform. The HOVR cushioning resides in the forefoot to get the runner up farther on the foot for a faster gait.
- The UA HOVR Velociti 2 is a connected shoe – a pod embedded in the midsole of the right shoe connects via bluetooth to MapMyRun, allowing runners to track their run data without a device, receive virtual personalized coaching on the runner’s gait, stride length, pace and more. All these metrics help to guide the runner to make their runs more efficient and connect them to a community of 245+ million people around the world.
- 23 MM Heel / 15 MM Forefoot
- Men's Weight (Size 9): 9 oz.
- Women’s Weight (Size 7): 7.5 oz.
- MSRP: $120 USD
- Availability: Globally, February 1, 2019