In 2018, Under Armour introduced the UA HOVR™ Phantom – a shoe offering a soft, plush ride built for the runner who doesn’t want to feel anything when pounding the pavement. The name was even inspired by the idea of being “ghostlike.” Now, Under Armour is taking the Phantom to the next level with the UA HOVR Phantom SE.
The Sports Edition offers the same super-plush, comfortable ride as its predecessor, with improved breathability for those high-intensity interval workouts, and a more anatomically shaped collar to better fit the foot during speed and endurance runs.
UA SPEEDFORM 2.0 SOCKLINER
The UA HOVR Phantom SE features a chamois-inspired footpad and a built-in UA Speedform™ 2.0 sockliner that creates next-level comfort with molded layers of PU and Ortholite foam. True to the original Phantom, the HOVR Phantom SE challenges what a performance running shoe should look like.
DIGITALLY CONNECTED TO MAPMYRUN
The UA HOVR Phantom SE has an embedded sensor in the midsole of the right-footed shoe that digitally connects seamlessly to the MapMyRun™ app via Bluetooth™ Low Energy (BLE). The digitally connected shoes can track, analyze, and store detailed running metrics to inform ways to improve performance. New in 2019 is the Gait Coaching feature, which can tell the runner fine-grain details about their stride and provide a holistic view with historical data to predict pace and plan for future runs. In addition to the personalized coaching, runners become a part of the world’s largest digital health and fitness community of 245+ million people – all united by a mission to become better.
UA HOVR PHANTOM SE AT A GLANCE
- Under Armour is taking the UA HOVR Phantom to the next level with the UA HOVR Phantom SE – “Sport Edition.”
- This new, sporty version features improved breathability and a more anatomically shaped collar to fit the foot better during speed and endurance runs.
- UA HOVR Phantom SE is a connected shoe – a pod embedded in the midsole of the right shoe connects via bluetooth to MapMyRun, allowing runners to track their run data without a device, receive virtual personalized coaching on the runner’s gait, stride length, pace and more. All these metrics help to guide the runner to make their runs more efficient and connect them to a community of 245+ million people around the world.
- 24 MM Heel / 16 MM Forefoot (8 MM offset)
- Men’s Weight (Size 9): 10.4 oz (295 grams)
- Women’s Weight (Size 7): 8.6 oz (244 grams)
- MSRP: $140 USD
- Availability: Globally, February 1, 2019