Today, Under Armour announced details for the phased reopening of its owned stores in North America. The company reopened its first U.S. stores to customers on May 15, and opened additional stores last week. By this Friday, Under Armour will have welcomed customers back to nearly 50% of its North America stores. In regular consultation with government and public health officials, the company will continue to reopen additional stores on a case-by-case basis.
To prepare for and facilitate this process, Under Armour has developed strict health and safety protocols for its teammates and customers.
Steps Under Armour is taking to protect its teammates and customers in reopened stores during the initial phases of the reopening include:
- Training all teammates on health and safety procedures prior to reopening
- Reducing store hours to allow time for new cleaning protocol
- Limiting store occupancy
- Requiring teammates and customers to wear masks in the store
- Adding hand sanitizing stations throughout the store
- Holding back returned products for 72 hours before returning to the floor
- Temporarily closing all fitting rooms
- Sanitizing payment point of contact in between each use
- Labeling spaces to ensure adherence with social distancing guidelines at checkout and other high traffic areas
- Communicating “House Rules” via posters throughout the store and announcements over the sound system
The company will continue to evaluate store reopening decisions and evolve its health and safety protocols for teammates and customers as needed. For more information on how Under Armour is navigating the global pandemic, visit https://about.underarmour.com/news/2020/03/under-armour-coronavirus-responses-and-actions. To see if an Under Armour store is open near you, visit https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/find-a-store.
Reopening decisions and protocols in countries outside of North America are being made based on local guidance and in consultation with government and public health officials in those markets.